At the end of a busy week, I’m in wind-down mode–fairly tired, full of baby and wishing I could have accomplished more than I’ve actually gotten done. It’s obvious to me that I’m still learning to be OK with having limitations, and I’m afraid I’ll have to get even more comfortable with this as the weeks roll on. I know it’s not the end of the world, but it’s hard to face it today.
In an effort to head into the weekend feeling good about what I have been able to do, I’m making a list of 10 things tonight that have been great about the past week. And then I’m going to spend some time with J, and some time in the nursery, and I’m going to head to bed. Tomorrow promises another fresh start; I love that fact.
1. J and I traveled to Chicago to celebrate a friend’s upcoming wedding (got to see lots of beautiful people from days past and wonderful friends from days present), spent time with our dads and made it back home with time to spare to prep for the week.
2. I was able to connect with my sister over the phone (our schedules seem so opposite these days), and to hear about her fiancé, wedding prep, teaching life, and upcoming Spring Break. I miss our chats and love the chance to know what’s going on in her life!
3. I took a bunch of clothes I’m no longer wearing (and probably wouldn’t again after I’m back to my old self) to my favorite consignment shop, effectively clearing out clutter and (hopefully) racking up a little credit for when I’m craving new things to wear post-baby.
4. My hair is now freshly cut and colored (thank you, Sheila!), which feels great as I move into the last few weeks before the babe arrives.
5. I celebrated Baby K on Wednesday night with a great group of women who I’ve had the privilege of getting to know through work and business. We were very blessed by each one of them, and the laughter in the room was a great reminder of how much joy blesses my life.
6. We welcomed the 4 year mark in our marriage, carved out time for lunch and put the changing table together last night. The nursery is getting very, very close!
7. J and I attended our birthing class and moved one step closer to the big day by prepping a bit more together. Our class is helping us both to feel equipped for what is coming, and it’s encouraging to be moving forward in this way.
8. I had coffee this morning with a fellow mom-in-the-making. We talked about baby things and the future and enjoyed the reality of the big new changes coming in each of our lives. She is a light, and I’m grateful to know her!
9. I ran errands afterwards and wound up bumping into another mom-on-the-way–one who is 3 weeks closer to D-Day than I am! We decided it would be best to run errands together , then followed each other from store to store until mid-afternoon. It may have slowed us down the slightest bit, but I’m really glad we took the chance to spend time together and to share more of this season that we’re experiencing in tandem.
10. I recognized my limitations today, came home, and took a nap. I wanted to be cleaning and doing all sorts of other things, but I’m getting them done bit by bit with Jason’s help instead. I just can’t do it all, and the world will go on anyway
There are far more than 10 things that have been good about this week, but 10 is a great start.
feeling a little better already,