It’s always beneficial to note the good that filled up the day, no?
My top five blessings on this post-holiday Wednesday:
1) Just what I needed to hear this morning in today’s Jesus Calling devotion over breakfast.
2) A great workout to warm me up on this chilly afternoon.
3) Five minutes of baby laughter caught on camera at dinnertime while I “scared” Henry over and over again. I don’t know where he gets it from, but he loves being surprised! Hysterical. I’ll watch it over and over again, I’m sure 😉
4) Henry learning, “SO big!” tonight, and raising his arms up over his head every time I ask, “How big is Henry?” Unquestionably my favorite little person. Ever.
5) New, clean sheets on the bed this evening. Can’t wait to tuck in! Bought them on Black Friday (one stop shopping at Target for sheets and a dustbuster…no 4am madness for this girl!), and saved them for the new year. Cozy!
All in all, not a bad Wednesday. I didn’t get to the grocery shopping, but then, there’s always tomorrow (a motto I’ve employed with increasing skill since becoming a mom:). I just can’t worry about not getting it all done. Used to. FInd myself backsliding occasionally. That is, until Henry is awake and ready to play in his room. Then the rest of the world grinds slowly to a halt until nap time…I just can’t pull myself away from the farm animals, the talking puppy, the chubby little race cars and the chubby little hands that hold them. I am so smitten.
counting the good,